Wednesday, August 18, 2010

MOVIE REVIEW: THE EXPENDABLES (Leave Comments!!!)



We all know the cast line up by now but if you dont.... Sly Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Eric Roberts, Randy Couture, Mickey Rourke, Steve Austin, Terry Crews. Not to mention cameos by Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger. The movie is Stallone all the way Produced, Directed, and Screenplay by Stallone. Kindof a Rocky dramatic/roughneck characters meets the movie Navy Seals with box office topping actors.....Yea thats it!

PROS: The movie has 100% testostorone driven cast. So many bullets, knives and explosions you cant even keep track! Great action sequences and fights (Jet Li vs. Dolph Lundgren; Stallone vs. Austin; Statham vs. basketball goons) Its so much action that its boderline ridiculous! I must admit the plane scene with Jason Statham sticking out the front of the SeaDuck Plane firing guns was wickedly awesome! The overall gathering of all these great actors (well...great "bad" actors) plus a Bill Gates budget was fullfilling what I wanted. Stallone monologues, Statham fast paced "Transporter" fights and Eric Roberts over acting! Sign me up I got the MAN action movie feel and a overly dramatic sene with Stallone and Rourke! Yesss! LOL!

CONS: What I expected more of from Stallone (Beside Lundren not saying "I must break you") was more backstory on our heroes. The story would attempt at a background and as soon as it would develop some random action would happen! I need more character building SLY!!! MOST importantly I needed a better actor to play General Garza. David Zayas did the unthinkable and overacted a scene with Eric Roberts in it! How dare you overact the Overactor!!! I think the lack of background and the fact that they go back to the island for a lady that has a borderline man-like jawline because of a touching story from Tool (Rourke) is a pile of excrement. No real soldier like them wouldve gone back to save her from an army of 300 just because she gave him a painting! I pull my Bullshit card on that!

Overall: I like the movie and it gave me what I expected and wanted from the movie! Thrills and kills! It was a fullfillment to the hype and I praise all these gentlemen for checking their massive egos at the door and getting this Box office smash soon to be top selling DVD done! Kudos! I give it a 4.0 in the All-Star ass-kicking movie category!

1 comment:

  1. Won't be watching that. As I expected....boring.

    ReplyDelete